Photography and video Studio Hire in Leeds
One days studio hire in Leeds including lights for only £160
Our 1000 sq ft studio is based in Pudsey, Leeds West Yorkshire. It is situated between Leeds and Bradford, and approximately 10 minutes from the centre of each city. The studio unit is a light industrial unit that has been used for a few different businesses over the years. It started out as a timber yard with the studio area being where the wood was stored, and from that it changed into a double glazing door and window business.
In its final incarnation it became a haulage business, with the wagon sections parked to the left of the studio where there now stands two detached houses, and the studio area being where the lorries were serviced. The big brown doors were added later by the home owner when it ceased being an industrial unit, and yes that is where we get the name from…Big Brown Doors Studio. The house and land was bought in 2009 by Ady and his wife Claire with the intention of Ady finally having his own studio to hire out, and for himself to work out of. So when you arrive at the studio you are told to park in front of the ‘big brown doors’.
Look at the studio hire rates –
Ady is a photographer himself and has worked in Leeds for over 25 years now, one thing he has learnt about is what he wants from a studio!
“A studio must have room to work in, a clean toilet and changing facilities, and good parking…yes we have all that. And then throw in a clean white zone for cut outs, overhead lighting so that there are no stands on the studio floor to trip up on – we all know what clients are like!
And perhaps the best thing about Studio Hire Leeds is that it is a single studio and once that door shuts there is nobody to trouble you. There is a roller shutter door to get larger products into the studio, and yes it can take a car…but lets be realistic here, it won’t take a bus?
Overall this studio, even though it is mine, is the best equipped studio around. And that is because I have learnt from visiting and using studios around the country over the last few years, what works and what does not work. We have ring flash, and a set of red heads for video…the list goes on and on. There is not a lot we don’t have available for hire in the studio.
If you need it; we have it at Leeds Studio Hire
• Set builders and special effects set painters
• Lighting and background services
• Production – hotels, models, flights, castings
• Photographers – assistants, models, stylists, hair & make-up
• Catering – breakfast, lunches (even brunches)
• Video facilities – media room/editing suite available (to work in or relax)
• Equipment set up services – lots of equipment available to hire
• We have an experienced team (Ady) to assist you at all times when needed…
• Wi-Fi available/broadband…as if you could do without it – Virgin (200mb/15mb++)
• Canon EOS camera hire (in our studio only) – Canon EOS 5DSR, Canon EOS R…let us know
• Elinchrom flash equipment and stands